Easy Hacks For Dog
Want to learn some quick and easy life hacks for dog owner; we have collected 11 awesome DIY life hacks for dog owner, to help give him a better life.
These hacks will make your life much easier, so let’s go fetch them:
Hack 1: DIY Dog Toy
– If your dog is a fan of toys then he might have the tendency to destroy them, what you can do:
-Grab yourself an empty water bottle that size appropriate for your dog.
-Squeeze the bottle in just a bit and put the lid back on to keep it lopsided and prevent it from being crushed completely, this will make a nice alluring crinkle sound that dogs love.
– Grab an old fluffy sock or a new one, and put the water bottle inside, you’ll want to tie off the sock to leave this little extra room inside it’s possible you can even consider cutting off the excess if you want.
– Toss it to your pooch and give him something to do for a little while.
Hack 2:DIY Slow Feeder
If your dog eats too fast from time to time, it can lead to an upset stomach then try one of these hacks:
-Place a ball and the bowls and cut off their full access to the kibble, it will force your dog to move the ball around to get to the food.
Another method to slow your fast eater is to use a muffin tin to spread out all the dog food.
– If you want to turn it into a game you can cut old tennis balls in half and cover up each cup, it’ll leave your dog with a small challenge to work around that sure to slow him down while also entertaining him.
Hack 3:DIY flea shampoo
– Fleas can strike it anytime, even if you stay on top of a treatment plan, it can
Here’s, one of my favorite hacks, a tried and testedhomemade flea shampoo:
– Start off with a measuring cup and grab a bottle of jar to mix everything.
– Pour half a cup of water into your container.
– Follow it up with four tablespoons of Dawn dish soap.
– Adds four tablespoons of white vinegar.
– Mix it all together inside the container.
Before using the homemade flea shampoo:
– Make sure you protect his eyes, is soap and vinegar and isn’t very pleasant in your dog’s eyes.
-Work up a nice lather as the dish soap, it will help kill any fleas and with vinegar will help repel them.
– Let your dog sit with the lather built up for about five minutes.
-While you wait you can run a fine-tooth comb through his fur and get any dead fleas out or even living one.
– Finally dry your dog as usual.
Hack 4: DIY Stain Remover
– First lot up any liquid that you can with the paper towel.
– Sprinkle a bit of baking soda on top of the stain and let it sit.
-Make half a cup of hydrogen peroxide with one teaspoon of liquid dish soap.
– Mixed it all up, you can use it right from the container or add it to a small spray bottle.
– Apply the liquid to the spot directly onto the baking soda and scrub back and forth until the stain lifts off completely.
Hack 5: How to Make an Auto Water bowl
– Grab a piece of scrap wood, it can be square or circular, find a piece of 2×4 roughly the length of a recycled soda bottle.
– Attach it to one edge of the baseboard with wood glue and then let it dry. – Fastening all together with two screws.
– Used a curved 2-liter soda bottle or one that’s similar in shape.
– Secure it with a four inch PVC coupler.
– Use a hacksaw or angle grinder to cut out about an inch off the coupler, this openings not only going to make it easier to drill two screws through the coupler in two by four, but it turns the coupler into a bottle holder.
– Place a large bowl on the baseboard, and simply slide a two-liter bottle filled with water into the dispenser.
– Twist off the cap and allow the bowl to fill with water on its own, it’ll stop dispensing water once the level reaches the bottleneck opening.
Your dog will be sure to enjoy a constant supply of water without you having to worry about filling up the bold nearly as often.