Someone Killed Her Dogs With Antifreeze

Clinton Twp woman says someone killed her dogs with antifreeze

Michele Wilson, knew something wasn’t right with her puppies.

Her feelings of dread were affirmed once she took them to the vet.

Now she’s convinced and what happened to them was no accident

“I’m afraid to let Honeybear run around in my yard,” said Michele Wilson. “I can’t let her loose. I’ve had her for eight years. She’s what’s left of my best friends.”

The Catahoula Cur named Honeybear is Wilson’s last surviving dog after three others died in the span of a couple of days.

just dogs lover

Wilson says it all started last Tuesday.

“I saw my wolf dog looking drunk and disorderly,” she said. “I immediately called my brother and asked him to come over and told him there’s something wrong with my dog.”

Vets at Advanced Animal Care Emergency determined her puppy to have ethylene glycol harming. A natural compound frequently found in radiator fluid.

One by one, her other dogs showed the same symptoms. One of them was practically in a coma.

“They came in what we call clinical, so definitely showing signs of kidney failure,” said Dr. Matthew Hynes. “I will tell you they were declining quite rapidly.”

“I’ve been told you can dip food substances into it and some people enjoy tossing it over the fence so they can watch people’s animals die,” Wilson said.

Wilson says Clinton Township Police and creature control looked through her yard and carport however did not discover anything that would’ve harmed her dogs.

“I don’t know if it’s somebody mad because I had four dogs,” she said.”, I had people come by and kick the fences. I had a guy a couple of streets down come over here and squeeze that black pit bull over there when she was a puppy.”