A family in the United States has learned that their dog was accidentally euthanized. The veterinarian would have confused him with another who had the same name.

“He was our baby, my daughter’s and my dog were best friends,” said Andrea Martinez.

“He was our baby, my daughter’s and my dog were best friends,” said Andrea Martinez.

Ziggy, a Dachshund, was euthanized on the authorization of a family other than his own. A misunderstanding with fatal consequences, while the animal was hospitalized for respiratory problems and difficulty in eating.

It was with this in mind that Martinez had taken him to a veterinary hospital in Davis County, in the state of Utah (western United States). The dachshund had to be operated and therefore spend the night there.

Staff had told their owners that they would receive a phone call as soon as the intervention was finished. It was around 2:30 a.m. that the vet called Andrea Martinez, announcing the terrible news of the death of the Dachshund.

Continue reading the full story